Monday, April 12, 2010

Frozen with Indecision


Some of you may remember my redone kitchen.   It's about 95% done, but I've been waiting to find a good deal on a pedestal table on Craigslist because I don't think the square table quite works in my eating area.

Well, yesterday, I found that great deal.  We went and looked and brought home a new (to us) clawfoot pedestal table with leaf.  Unfortunately, when we got it in place, it was too small without the leaf (yes, I forgot to measure before we left the house).  We put the leaf in and it works pretty well, though.


Unfortunately, now I'm not sure that the chairs work.  They seem too geometric for the table...

The guy threw in the chairs for free, so we brought them home, but I'm not sure they work either:

At least, not with my more geometric bar stools and fairly stark kitchen.


So, I'm freezing.  And now I'm even wondering if this is the table I should have gone with.  I turned down a couple of oval tables because they didn't have leaves, but now that I'm going to be using the leaf all the time, perhaps I should have gotten one of those?!

I'm planning to paint the table (whichever one that is) white and possibly paint the chairs white or maybe a different fun color, but I frozen.  I can't decide whether to go ahead and start on this table and what am I going to do about the chairs?

So, if anyone is reading out there, let me know what you think I should do.  Help me get unstuck!

UPDATE:
Now, I don't know why I never tried this before, but I just put the leaf in the current table (the square one) and now I'm thinking maybe I like that best.  Maybe if I actually put a nice centerpiece on it, it would look complete.  That would certainly be the least amount of work!

4 comments:

  1. I like your table with the leaf in it. Go ahead and paint and see if the painting makes you like the table more... that could be all you need to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you'll have to sale your newly purchased table on craigslist.. that happens to me all the time.. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, at least you got a deal and can hopefully recoop your money. I like your table with the leaf and think it would be awesome black and white like the rest of your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with them... stick with the current table with the leaf in. Then cute-sify the other table and chairs with a paint job and a little distressing. Make a few chair pads and sell it for a profit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all so smart. After I wrote this post, my husband and I decided that we liked our current table with the leaf in it best. Now I just have to design a nice tablescape for it.

    I'm sure we'll be able to resell the other table pretty easily.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails