One of the things I look forward to the most in summer is tomatoes and basil. To me, those two tastes together are the epitome of summer. If you add a little mozzarella and vinegar, then you’re really cooking!
I tried this recipe because I thought it looked pretty good, but (to me), it is beyond "pretty” good and well into “oh my WORD” good. I think I made a batch of this nearly every week this summer. Then I have something easy and yummy for lunch. This summer, I’ve made it several times for friends and they’ve all raved about it. (Unfortunately, they’ve also eaten it and left me with nothing to eat for lunch…)
I’m always sorry to see the end of summer because it means I’ll have to wait 9 more months to really enjoy this dish again. It is definitely one of my favorite summer things, so I wanted to share it with everyone. Here it is:
[Photo Credit: Taste of Home]
- 1 package cheese tortellini (I use frozen and it’s fine)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed or 3-1/3 cups fresh corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (I’ve always omitted these, just because I never have them on hand)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil (YUM!)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the tortellini according to the directions, adding the corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large serving bowl, combine tortellini mixture and remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
Oh, it makes my mouth water just reading about it! I must make sure to make this a few more times in the next month!
Now it’s your turn. What was your favorite summer memory? Did you take a great vacation? Finish a project you’re really proud of? Make something really yummy? Or just enjoy being really lazy? Share with us here and give summer one last hurrah before Fall blows in.
I’m sure you know how it goes:
- Use the linky button below to link up to your specific summer-memory post (not your blog’s home page)
- Visit other partiers’ sites. Maybe you’ll find a new favorite!
- I’d love it if you’d become a follower, but it’s not required
- Please link back to this blog so we can share the joy. You can even use my fancy-dancy new button: