Thursday, September 16, 2010

Favorite Summer Memory - Linky Party

One of the things I look forward to the most in summer is tomatoes and basil.  To me, those two tastes together are the epitome of summer.  If you add a little mozzarella and vinegar, then you’re really cooking!

For the past two summers, I’ve had even more to look forward to because I found the most amazing recipe in my Healthy Cooking magazine: Cheese Tortellini with Tomatoes and Corn!

I tried this recipe because I thought it looked pretty good, but (to me), it is beyond "pretty” good and well into “oh my WORD” good.  I think I made a batch of this nearly every week this summer.  Then I have something easy and yummy for lunch.  This summer, I’ve made it several times for friends and they’ve all raved about it.  (Unfortunately, they’ve also eaten it and left me with nothing to eat for lunch…)

I’m always sorry to see the end of summer because it means I’ll have to wait 9 more months to really enjoy this dish again.  It is definitely one of my favorite summer things, so I wanted to share it with everyone.  Here it is:

Cheese Tortellini with Tomatoes and Corn

Cheese Tortellini

[Photo Credit: Taste of Home]

4 Servings

Ingredients

  • 1 package cheese tortellini (I use frozen and it’s fine)
  • 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed or 3-1/3 cups fresh corn
  • 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (I’ve always omitted these, just because I never have them on hand)
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh basil (YUM!)
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

  • Cook the tortellini according to the directions, adding the corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
  • In a large serving bowl, combine tortellini mixture and remaining ingredients; toss to coat. 

**************

Oh, it makes my mouth water just reading about it!  I must make sure to make this a few more times in the next month!

Now it’s your turn.  What was your favorite summer memory?  Did you take a great vacation?  Finish a project you’re really proud of?  Make something really yummy?  Or just enjoy being really lazy?  Share with us here and give summer one last hurrah before Fall blows in.

I’m sure you know how it goes:

  • Use the linky button below to link up to your specific summer-memory post (not your blog’s home page)
  • Visit other partiers’ sites.  Maybe you’ll find a new favorite!
  • I’d love it if you’d become a follower, but it’s not required
  • Please link back to this blog so we can share the joy.  You can even use my fancy-dancy new button:

The Perfectly Imperfect Life
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting. What a great idea for a link party! I made the caramel cake for my little guy's birthday a few weeks ago. Your recipe looks great - and very summery :)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through another blogger! Thanks for hosting a linky party. I hope this goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for hosting the link up! I found you at Becca's site- now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is definitely nothing better than fresh tomatoes and basil. Yum!

    I liked up an old summer post... which ironically included a link back to your site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you at Home and Family Friends! I love the parties...linked up two posts! I am a new follower! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane, Thanks for hosting, have linked up my Sesame & oat Cookies II for this party..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails