Monday, May 24, 2010

Cleaning Grand Plan – Dining Room/Misc

I had planned on writing this post much earlier today, but was side-tracked by my keys going missing.  Normally this wouldn’t cause much upheaval, but they went missing at the same time that my neighbor came over to tell me about break-ins in our neighborhood, so when we couldn’t find them after several searches, we started worrying that they’d been stolen!

WC_jail_keys

Luckily, after several more searches of the entire house (including the refrigerator!), they showed up: in the junk drawer.  Right where I should have looked in the first place.  Oh well, I did end up cleaning out another drawer while I was searching, so that’s a bonus.

It’s way past bedtime now, but I wanted to post my plans for this week to make sure I stay committed.  This week is an incredibly busy week for me, so I’m not going to pick an entire room, rather I’m going to clean up some messes around the house that have been allowed to fester for far too long.  So, without further ado:

  • Clean Goodwill pile off the dining room table and take it to Goodwill!
  • Put old toy shelf on Craigslist
  • Put away decor items sitting on coffee table in living room
  • Clean out closet in play room
  • Find home for box of VHS tapes (preferably not in my home)
  • Wipe down walls and baseboard in living room/dining room

That seems like enough for this busy week.  Especially since I have a couple of free items I got from garage sales and Craigslist this weekend that I want to work on.  My husband had an awesome idea for one of them that I really want to see if I can work out.  I’ll share more later this week!

Do you have any big organizing/cleaning plans for this week?

2 comments:

  1. Keep at it. I found that my local Habitat for Humanity will take VHS and DVDs even though they don't take electronics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you come clean my house when your done :) I can't stand it when I loose keys and it happens a lot.
    Thanks for stopping by today, I added black to the bathroom paint to make the cabinets just a little darker.
    Have a great day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails