Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Cleaning Grand Plan: Kitchen

Mop 

A few posts ago, I mentioned one of my favorite Web sites: The Organized Home.  One of my favorite things about it is “The Cleaning Grand Plan” (or at least, I love the idea of it: I’ve never actually completed one).

I haven’t thought about it in at least a year, but as I was tornado-ing through the house today - cleaning up the mess that appeared during camping-prep - I started thinking again about The Grand Plan. 

I think the scuffs on my baseboards are what really set me off and made me consider trying this Plan one more time.  I also started thinking that this blog would be a great way to keep me going, since if I tell you all about it, I might actually be guilted into keeping motivated to keep it up!

So, here’s my Grand Plan…  They usually start one at the beginning of the year.  I’ve clearly missed that, so I’m going to start now and re-order (read: cherry-pick) the weeks to hit the areas I think are most important to get done sooner. (My sister is visiting at the beginning of June, so I’d like my main living areas to be presentable).  Each week, on Sunday, I’ll post the area I’m going to be concentrating on for the week and the specific tasks I’d like to get done.  At the end of the week, I’ll let you know my progress.  And, if anyone wants to do this with me, feel free to add your comments!

So, it’s not Sunday, but it’s definitely time to start.  This week’s focus area will be the Kitchen/Pantry.  I’ve been dying to clear out my pantry, so I’m thinking I’ll have motivation to get this done, which will hopefully keep me going into the next few weeks.

kitchen cleaning

The specific tasks to be completed are:

  • Wipe down all cabinets
  • Wipe down chairs and barstools
  • Wipe down baseboards
  • Clean windows
  • Clean out fridge
  • Clean stainless steel appliances
  • Organize pantry
  • Wash curtains
  • Clean out/organize upper cabinets
  • Clean oven
  • Seal backsplash grout
  • Wash light fixtures
  • Try to get stains out of granite

That seems like plenty.  I’ll let you know how I did later this week.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Your list is very similar to mine :) I am going to check out that link to see if I can get organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you!!! zif you need a cleaning/organizing accountability buddy...let me know!

    -Mandy
    http://mintnclandycreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails