Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Free Pots Makeover

DSC_1748

I mentioned the other day that I got some pots from our neighborhood garage sale.  They’re plastic, but they’re large and they were FREE!

DSC_1733

I’ve been thinking I need to put some pots on the front porch, so when I saw these, I grabbed as many as I could carry!

Yesterday, I decided to start their makeover.  I gave them a good cleaning and set them out on a tarp to receive their special treatment: spray paint.

After a coat of primer and several coats of black, they were ready for some color.

 DSC_1746 DSC_1747
(Just ignore the dirt smudges my gloves left)

DSC_1745
(Hmmm, now I’m thinking my red pillows don’t work so well…)

I had the primer and the black spray paint already, so this whole project was free. free. free!  Which makes it OK that I had to go out and buy a bunch of plants for them, right?

Immediately after I potted the plants today, it started raining.  Whenever it rains, my kids ask to go on a “Rain Walk”, which translates loosely to “go out and jump in all the puddles you can find and get as wet as you possibly can.”  Of course, I had to say yes…

DSC_1752 DSC_1751 DSC_1768DSC_1774


I'm linking up to:
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

  1. Those turned out great! Funny how I never think of doing things until I see it done! ;) Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the red pillows. I love them!!! The free pots are fabulous. Kids jumping in puddles=priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those photos! It totally captures the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the planters. I always want nice planters on my front porch, but never seem to get around to it! I'm visiting with home and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the orange lillies are my favorites. You know how I love orange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! Love the planters. . . :D
    www.jackiethejunkjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job with the painting, black looks good and from where I am I can't tell it's plastic. Happy Finer T Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, awesome idea! It is so simple, yet I don't think of doing stuff like that. Super cool! ~ Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good...luv your new thrifty planters...hop over and show them off at my party!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great, smudges and all! I never thought to spray my plastic pots when they get so faded, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute makeover; I will borrow this idea! Did you use the special spray paint made for plastic?

    Best part -- the kids jumping in the puddles. Love the action shots.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cass,
    I can’t remember which spray paint I used, but no I don’t think I did. I have all sorts of different paint hanging out in my garage, so I just grabbed whatever I saw. I don’t think I realized I had special primer for plastics until I was done.

    I just primed them with spray primer and gave them two or three coats of black paint. They seem to be holding up very well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can't beat free!! Your pots turned out so pretty! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails