Thursday, May 27, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award

I just received my first blogger award from Mandy at http://mintnclandycreate.blogspot.com/.  Thank you, Mandy!

Mandy’s blog is dedicated to “craft, creation & fun!” and she has some really cute ideas.  I especially love her butterfly mobile.  Plus, she has blog posts dating back to 2005. (Do I sense a tech-y somewhere in the household?) You should check her out!

So, the rules for receiving this award are:

  1. Thank the person who gave you this award
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic! (in no particular order...)
  4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

Coming up with 7 things to share about yourself is actually pretty difficult, but:

  1. One of the guiding principles of my life is “Just start writing”.  I’m not a writer, but one day, in high school, I was worrying to a friend about how I was going to finish a paper.  She shared with me some advice that someone else had given her: to “just start writing” and fix the problems later.  She doesn’t even know it, but I took that advice to heart and I use it in every aspect of my life…although sometimes it translates to “Just do it!  You don’t need a plan!”
  2. I consider myself to be a Jack-of-All-Trades, but Master of none.  I’m willing to try almost anything once and I generally end up doing a fairly decent job, but I’m not an expert in any one thing.  That makes me sad sometimes.
  3. My family’s lore includes a story of my dad putting a hammer through a wall one day to mark where he and my mom had decided a built-in book shelf should go.  He figured if he put a hole in the wall, they’d have to finish the project.

    I carried on this family tradition one day by putting a hammer through a bathroom wall that I felt needed to go.  My husband was rather surprised when he came home!
  4. I’m a geek and proud of it! (But I blame my husband.  It’s his fault.)  In my professional life, I’m a Web/software developer and I love Science Fiction, especially if it has to do with time travel and I know that Star Trek is better than Star Wars.
  5. I $%#%$# hate it when people cut in line.  I don’t know why, but it sends me through the roof.  Perhaps it offends my sense of orderliness.  I nearly asploded during a visit to Versailles because people were shoving in front of me.  Grrrrr.
  6. I met my husband on the Internet before it was cool (See #4).
  7. Pizza, red licorice, and ice cream are my food vices - there is no moderation when it comes to those.  That’s why I try to keep them out of the house…except on Family Movie Night!

And to pass on this award, here are 15 sites that I’ve found that I really enjoy:

Becca at Home is Where my Story Begins
Anna at An Inch of Gray
Vanessa at Decor Happy
Meeks at Juggling Motherhood
Pine Tree Home
Shannon at Posh Pieces
Alicia at A Beautiful Mess
Leanne at Organize and Decorate Everything
Fern Valley Farms
Janna at Mommy’s Piggy Tales
Rebecca at Older and Wisor
Danya at I Can Make That
My Sweet Creations
Booyah’s Momma at The Adventures of Chip and Bobo
KaseyQ at The Beautiful Thrifty Life

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first award, that's awesome! And thank you so much for passing on to little ol' me! ;) much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for passing on the award. Very sweet. BTW, love your pots too. I still have to get flowers for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Diane, for thinking of me for this award. I truely appreciate it. ~ Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first award as well... I'm tickled! Thank you!

    I love your list, and have got a couple of things in common with you, especially #4 (I'm a programmer/designer). And I've actually got a post I've been composing on Star Trek... stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Diane. I've never put a hammer through a wall but now I want too.

    Love the just write motto. In so many things if we wait for inspiration it doesn't come. As they say 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

    With the holiday weekend and now running 2 blogs I will not be able to play along but I do appreciate you thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I met my husband online before it was cool too (and also before all those crazy horror stories started coming out about online dating before it became more socially acceptable). We started dating in 1995. Boy, that seems like a long time ago now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails