Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cleaning Grand Plan – Kitchen Recap

cleaning-kitchenToday was the last day of my first week of the Cleaning Grand Plan.  Last week, I chose to work on my kitchen.  I came up with a fairly aggressive list for the time I had and I didn’t quiiiite finish everything, but I was able to address several things that would have otherwise been left undone, so I feel pretty good!
Here’s where I ended up:
  • Wipe down all cabinets [x]
  • Wipe down chairs and barstools [x]
  • Wipe down baseboards [x]
  • Clean windows [x]
  • Clean out fridge
  • Clean stainless steel appliances [x]
  • Organize pantry [x]
  • Wash curtains [x]
  • Clean out/organize upper cabinets [x - mostly]
  • Clean oven [x]
  • Seal backsplash grout
  • Wash light fixtures [x]
  • Try to get stains out of granite
  • Clean microwave (added) [x]
  • Clean stove top (added) [x]
I still have one cabinet to organize.  I skipped the fridge because it gets cleaned out fairly frequently and I just didn’t make it to the countertops and backsplash.  Those are still pretty important to me, so hopefully I’ll fit them in soon.
However, my pantry and several cabinets ARE freshly organized.  My stainless steel appliances are fingerprint free and all the cabinets, baseboards, and furniture are clean (for the moment)!
DSC_1696
I am most happy with my oven, stove top, and microwave.  I think I must have missed class the day they taught that you are actually supposed to clean your oven on a semi-regular basis.  I understand it on a purely theoretical level, but I still haven’t internalized this particular lesson.  The beautiful, gleaming, shiny-ness of those appliances right now, though, just may be what I need to finally learn this lesson.
All in all, I’d say this week was a success and that my kitchen could probably use another week (man is there a lot to do to keep a kitchen clean!).  Tomorrow I’ll post the next room(s) that are going to get my attention. 
What room will you be working ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails