They’re done! The day bed and the play room are (mostly) done!
I actually used the comforter from my bed and the pillows from my girls’ beds, so the bedrooms look a bit of a mess, but hey, maybe I’ll decide to keep it this way and get a new comforter for MY room!
Let me give you a tour. You’ve seen the day bed, but here it is again. Doesn’t it look nice?
I also grabbed the curtains from the girls’ room and the little boxes that used to hang in my kitchen. Those boxes were definitely a Eureka! moment. I was driving down the road, chewing on what I could put there when I realized that the boxes were sitting in the garage doing nothing, but if I were to hang them in the play room, I would have a great little place to put all the girls’ 3-dimensional art work and doo-dads!
And, speaking of art work! I finished the art wall. Generally, Thing 1 produces reams of art work each day, but I actually had to harangue her a bit to actually get the wall filled in (and you can see there are actually still two frames empty).
Usually, when I hang frames, I just eyeball it and move them around until I like where they end up. Which leaves a lot of holes in the wall. This time, I actually did the responsible, mature thing and created templates and taped them to the wall. This turned out to be a really smart thing to do because my original plan turned out to require drastic re-working.
I’ve seen a few bloggers do the template thing, but I might just post on it myself because I ran into a few gotchas that might be good to share.
You may have noticed that you’ve only really seen one side of the room. The left wall has a white board and a chalk board. I still have some things I want to do with that, so that’s not going to be shared yet.
But that’s messy. Let’s finish with something nicer…
Ahhh…ready for my sister’s visit.I'm linking up to: